The most frequently asked questions have been listed for your convenience.
Before you contact us, please have a look to see if they answer your queries.
Yes, registration is free.
Please follow the following steps from the Top Page of RAKUTEN INSIGHT SURVEYS.
- Please be sure to read the "Member Agreement" before registration.
After you have agreed to the "Member Agreement", you can proceed to the Preliminary Registration.
- Enter the necessary information for Preliminary Registration.
- After you complete the Preliminary Registration, we will notify you by e-mail.
- Please click the URL provided in the e-mail, and proceed to the Main Registration.
- After all necessary information has been entered, the Main Registration is complete.
If you do not receive an e-mail from us informing you that your Preliminary Registration is complete, please contact us.
After you have logged in to your "My Page", please update your basic information from "Update My Basic Profile", and further details from "Update Detailed Profile".
There have been a growing number of instances of members entering incorrect e-mail addresses.
Please be careful when making changes.
Please read the red error messages displayed above the entry fields carefully and re-enter the appropriate information.
Depending on your e-mail software setting, the URL in the e-mail may have a line break, which means you may not be able to directly access the URL link. If so, please copy the URL in the e-mail so that it does not have a line break, and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.
Yes, members of your family can also register. However, as only one registration is allowed for a single e-mail address, you will need to prepare separate e-mail addresses for each individual of your family who would like to register.
You can register if you are 16 years of age or older.
No, participating in surveys is not mandatory. You will only have to participate at your convenience. Also, you will not be penalized for withdrawing from a survey while answering (EPoints will not be added in this case).
Please follow the steps below.
- You will receive an E-mail from RAKUTEN INSIGHT SURVEYS to participate in a survey.
- Login to your "My Page".
- The latest survey will be displayed at the top of your "My Page". Click "Answer" to start.
- EPoints will be added after completing the survey.
The number of surveys you receive may vary significantly based on the information you have registered. The more complete and updated your profile is, the more likely you will receive surveys.
Each survey has a fixed quota. When a survey reaches the maximum number of respondents, the status will change to "Closed", and you will no longer be able to participate. Please note that a survey may close earlier than the date displayed in the email.
- Select "Internet Options" from "Tools" in the menu bar.
- Select "Customize Level" in the "Security level for this zone" of "Security".
- Check the following in the "Scripting" of "Security Setting".
- Active Scripting => "Enable"
- Allow paste operations via Script => "Enable"
- Scripting of Java applets => "Enable"
Any other pop-up blockers (in your toolbars or security software) may prevent a new window from opening. Please check your settings.
Please click the "Refresh" button in your browser and check whether the survey page can be displayed. If the survey is still not displayed, please contact us from HERE stating the Survey Number you are having problems with.
- Please click the "Refresh" button in your browser, and check whether new EPoints are added.
- Also, please note that there may be a delay in the answering time and when EPoints are added, and it may take up to 8 weeks after the survey period displayed in the invitation e-mail. If so, the status could either show "Answer" or "Closed".
- Click the "Refresh" button in the browser, and check whether the status has changed to "Answered".
- For some surveys, the status will remain at "Answer" during the survey period which is written in the invitation e-mail. In this case, the status will change to "Closed" after the survey period has ended.
- If you have fully completed a survey and you have not been given EPoints, they will be uploaded within 8 weeks after the survey end date shown in the invitation email. Please note that if you have not fully answered a survey, you will not be given EPoints.
Please check the following settings, and try to login again with your registered e-mail address and password.[Note]
E-mail address must be in alphanumeric characters.
Password must be within 6 to 20 alphanumeric characters.
Make sure that there are no extra spaces before or after your e-mail address or password.
Make sure to click "Login" after entering your e-mail and password.
Use correct upper and lower case letters, as they are recognized as different letters. Hold down the Shift key and press alphabetic keys to type upper case. Check to see if your Caps Lock function is on, as all your keystrokes will turn to upper case.
Change your cookies settings to "Enable". If set to "Disable", your ID may not be authenticated when you attempt a login. For detailed information on cookies settings, click HERE
Your password is encrypted so that we cannot identify it. If you have forgotten your password, please click on the button "Lost your password?" on the toppage of the website.
Login to "My Page", and click on "Change My Password".
Yes, you can withdraw at any time after you have registered.
You can withdraw from "Withdrawal Procedures" in your "My Page". If you withdraw from your membership, your "My Page" and any e-mails from Rakuten Insight will be terminated. Upon withdrawal, your registered information will be removed from our system. Further, please be aware that your accumulated EPoints will expire, and any EPoints that you have not exchanged will not be redeemable in the future.
Your redemption request will be processed if you have completed your request before your withdrawal from membership.
Rakuten Insight’s clients include private companies, government, academic institutes, etc.
The responses to the surveys are pseudonymized and shared with our clients for the analysis purpose.
Our website adopts the following security measures:[ Encryption Communication Technologies (SSL) ]
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer Protocol) is a system that encrypts data to ensure security of private information on the website. Members' private information will be encrypted and protected by electronic key for transfer.
- This site is authenticated by GeoTrust Japan Inc. electronic authentication certificate. This prevents third parties from impersonating our website.
- *GeoTrust Japan Inc. is an internet certification body, which has been adopted both in Japan and overseas.
We recommend all members to use Windows Internet Explorer 6 or 7. Any other browsers or versions may cause errors. Furthermore, any of the following settings may also cause errors:[ Cookie ]
Cookies settings need to be set to "Enable" when accessing this site. When set to "Disable", you may be unable to login to your "My Page", or EPoints may not be displayed correctly. When the error message "Cookies setting are disabled" is displayed, please change your cookies settings to "Enable" by following the below steps.Internet Explorer (Windows)
- Select "Internet Options", then "Tools" from the Menu bar of Internet Explorer.
- Select the "Privacy" tab and read the details.
- If "Block All Cookies" is set, cookies are disabled. Please change the following settings.
- Drag the privacy slider down to anything other than "Block All Cookies".
- Press "OK" button.
This site utilizes Encryption Communication Technologies (SSL=Secure Sockets Layer Protocol), a system that encrypts data to ensure the security of private information on our website. If you are using a public computer (in your company or school) which connects using an SSL incompatible proxy server, it may not be activated correctly. If so, please contact your server administrator.
Yes. Please login to your account and read the terms and conditions of our Introduce Your Friends campaign.